4 Job Positions at BBOXX Capital Rwanda: (Deadline 2 May 2022)
Product Manager at BBOXX Capital Rwanda: (Deadline 2 May 2022)
JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST ENERGY POVERTY!
Who we are:
Bboxx is a UK-based Next Generation Utility company providing affordable, reliable and clean energy solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. having already impacted over 2 million customers’ lives with our solar home systems (SHS) so far and diversification into clean cooking and other utilities underway, we have 1000+ staff working across five offices in Europe, Asia and Africa – who are waking up every morning to transform the lives of our customers and to unlock their potential.
Title: Product Manager – Value Added Services (PM VAS)
Reports to: Director – Product Innovation
Location: Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel to Kenya and other NGUs
The Product Manager VAS owns the Marketplace vision and long-term roadmap for financial and other value-added services such as e-mobility. He ensures the commercial success of these services (typically provided in partnership with third parties) by assessing user requirements, competitor offerings and development cost versus market potential and future revenues. The PM is accountable for coordinating all product definition, development, and introduction activities across the relevant departments in a matrix approach. This role must also have a good understanding of the business process to facilitate the integration of third-party software into the Pulse platform.
The Product Manager VAS cooperates closely with the Product Managers for Power DC, Cook, Connect and Pulse as well as with the Heads of HW Development (Engineers) and SW Delivery (Product Owners). He will also have to coordinate with the Global Partnerships Director and with NGUs for identifying local partners/suppliers and understanding market-specific processes.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Defining the overall vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Help formulate the vision for VAS and create buy-in at Group and NGU-level
- Propose commercial objectives and strategic direction for third-party products
- Agree the VAS roadmap internally with key stakeholders across all Divisions
- Determining customer demand and market potential
- Understand and represent user needs throughout the product lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for managing third party products through Pulse
- Monitor the market and analyze competition, acting on product gaps
- Create high-level business cases (B2B and B2C) for new value-added services
- Propose competitive pricing structures and give input on B2B positioning
- Developing proof points for the Marketplace concept within Pulse 2.0
- Prioritize product and payment integrations
- Assess potential providers of third-party HW and SW
- Build technology partner and supplier relationships
- Work with Pulse Product Managers on integrating third-party HW and SW
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain team to source new products
- Managing the entire product lifecycle for all third-party products
- Conduct customer research and write requirements
- Initiate relationships with external parties in provision of VAS
- Work with third party design and engineering teams
- Perform user tests and run prototypes (proof of concept)
- Coordinate pilots and support the rollout in NGUs
- Support communications and training plans
- Measure impact and evaluate adoption
- Facilitating the key meetings and workshops for VAS
- Plan the P&L and budget for value added services
- Prepare recommendations on key strategic decisions for the Executive
- Follow up on decisions/action items with the cross-functional team
What we are looking for:
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a commercially driven product manager (preferably in the fintech sector in East Africa) working closely with HW or SW development teams
- Demonstrated track record of successfully expanding an existing product range into new geographies and demographics
- Motivated to run a cross-functional team and aptitude to communicate remotely
- Ability to quickly learn about new business areas, critically think through different use cases, synthesize requirements, and present new ideas effectively at all levels of the organization
- Good working knowledge of the human-centered design approach and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, or other relevant discipline is a plus
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline for applications is May 2nd, 2022.
Click here to Apply and get more info
Leave a Reply